Kueh Tarts (Pineapple Tarts) Chinese Lunar New Year Cookies Recipes
Chinese Lunar New Year fall on 29th jan 2006 which is about 3 weeks from now therefore I decided to bake some Kueh Tarts (Pineapple Tarts) Chinese Lunar New Year Cookie.
Below are the Recipies I like to share with all Kueh Tarts lover, happy baking.
Kueh-Tarts (Pineapple Tarts) Skin Ingredients:
1. Butter 300 g
2. Flour 600 g
3. Egg 3
Kueh-Tarts (Pineapple Tarts) Filling Ingredients:
1. Pineapple (about 2500g) 3 pcs depend on the sizes.
2. Sugar 300 g
3. Cinnamon stick a little
Kueh-Tarts (Pineapple Tarts) Ways of Cooking Filling:
1. Mash pineapples and cook in saucepan till boil.
2. Add sugar and cinnamon stick.
3. Keep stirring till mixture becomes dry and brown about 2 hrs plus.
Kueh-Tarts (Pineapple Tarts) Baking Method Step By Step With photographs:
1. Beat butter and egg in mixer well.
2. Sift flour into butter and egg mix. Mix well to form a dough.
3. Paste 2 plastic stript about 0.6cm thick on the table where roll the dough.
4. This method will help you get an even thickness of roll out dough.
5. Use a mold cutter to mold the dough into require shape.
6. Place it on baking tray. Let it set for a while before you decorate eadge of the molded dough.
7. Top with pineapple filling, and make crosses with dough to place on top of tarts.
8. Brush with beaten egg.
9. Bake for 15 mins at 180C depand on oven